Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Headache and high BP

This is my first post after many many months.

Today, I'm working from home because of this terrible headache I'm having since a day ago. Woke up yesterday after a short afternoon nap with a throbbing pain in my head. I initially thought that it will go away after a while, but it did not. It got worse.

I ended up at the doc, where I found out that my blood pressure was at a whopping 160. Definitely not normal (I think) for someone my age. The doc said the high BP could be caused by my headache, or it could be the other way round. There's no way to tell for sure. So the only course of action was for me to go home, switch off all lights, and sleep it off.

So here I am today. The headache has not cleared yet. I can still feel throbbing pain in my head, but it was not as bad as yesterday. I'm due at the doc again later today so that he can take my bp reading again. Hopefully, the pressure goes down because if it stays at 160 or so, the doc may have to get me started on high BP medication. At this age, that's truly something I'm not looking forward to.

Maybe it's time I really get started on the lifestyle-change grand plan I've been contemplating for the past so many months. Hmm, let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment